Thursday, September 8, 2011

September 7th, 2011: Chex-Mix


I decided to make Chex-Mix to take into work. Turned out that salted butter sucks. I got stuck with a really salty batch of Chex-Mix that even I'm not too keen on eating. It works, but it wasn't nearly as good as my mom's. Plus, it was a little greasy. I was disappointed in the result and ended up not taking it to work like I was planning. It thought it would not be nearly good enough to share with my coworkers. I'll probably give it another shot to try and make a batch good enough to share.
I got the idea talking to a coworker and complaining about how I always make too much food. He suggested that I make food and bring it in to share. So I decided: I'll make Chex-mix. Eh. As usual, things go a little less than stellar for me. Ah, well.

As long as I drink enough water, the Chex-Mix is tolerable. And... I do love me some Chex-Mix. Our family always has it at holidays. We love the stuff, like it's our crack. Once, we joked that we didn't need ANYTHING at a
family get together but beer and Chex-Mix. If we just had a keg and a trough of Chex-Mix, we could party all night. Well, let's see if I can do this correct next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment