Thursday, May 19, 2011

May 19th, 2011: Chicken Tacos

So, I'm a touch on the strapped for cash side right now, seeing as I just graduated college and have yet to land a job. It kind of sucks. So, I wanted to do some cooking and I missed Mexican Wednesday, yesterday. So I made Mexican Thursday.

Meats I have on hand are ground beef, chicken breasts, chicken cutlets, pork shoulder and cube steak. Choice made: chicken cutlets. Though I can't seem to find the cube steak in the freezer... did my girlfriend eat it?

Vegetables got a little weird, though. I had Serrano peppers, vidalia onions, asparagus and potatoes. So, I threw em all in together in my new cast iron skillet and then pour some water, several types of pepper spices, garlic, cumin, cilantro, bacon and curry in and cooked the hell out of the mix. It turned out smelling and tasting delicious, but it's completely awesome tasting and amazing! I was surprised, cause it didn't look too hot.

The tortillas are a brand they sell at my local Meijer that are organic, natural and handmade in the area. I melted cheese between two tortillas in bacon grease to warm the tortillas and instill a porkish quality to them and then put a dab of sour cream on top. It was fucking delicious, but not too great looking.

Edit: I apologize, the tortillas are actually hand made in California by La Tortilla Factory.

No comments:

Post a Comment