Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 13th, 2012: Spinach Fettucine Alfredo


So, two days in a row I cooked. This night I made some Italian fair and watched the 2011 remake of The Thing. Turned out to be a prequel. I actually really liked it.

Not much to say. I cooked some cream, butter and parmigiana together. Seasoned it with garlic, salt and pepper and then thickened it with some flour and tossed the pasta in it. It was a very heavy meal. Very delicious. Stood very well on its own and didn't require any sides. It was probably the first successful single person meal I'd made in months. Cooking is a very "social" activity and it's hard for me to find and make recipes for one. Luckily, living with my parents, I can cook for three. It isn't always an option, though.

The friday before this I made my patented Jalepeno Burgers (which are AWESOME, I am a burger-smith) and found myself with about four burgers. Two of which I ate that night, cause... well... I'm'a pig. The tacos from the night before this? There's about a half pound of taco meat in the freezer, now.

This meal, was a perfect single person serving. Something I gotta work on doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment