Thursday, March 31, 2011

March 31st, 2011: New pans!

My parents are coming by on Saturday (the 2nd). Tomorrow, the 1st, is Burger Friday, so I highly suspect that I'll make a post about what type of burgers I make. I'll explain why it's almost always "Burger Friday" when I make the post. But I'm ass-excited that I'll be getting the rest of my grandmother's Revereware Copper Bottoms and a Cast Iron. My mother has become disgusted with the fact that I'm cooking so elaborately with so little, so, she's helping me out. It's almost like a torch is being passed. I also feel a bit like Julie Powell... I'll most likely be cooking out of boxes until Blair and I reset the kitchen. I might give my land lord a head ache by putting hooks all around the kitchen to hold pots and pans. In anycase, I'm psyched to be graduating from "1 3qt, 2 Calphalon non-sticks and one odd pan left behind by the old tenants" to a fully stocked set of pots and pans.

Now I just gotta figure out what my burgers will be tomorrow. (edit) PS. I should try that Beer Bread from the Illinois Cookbook with Miller Light for my Parents and Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment