Monday, August 15, 2011

August 15th, 2011: Cash as Ass Mac & Cheese



Just as Americans began to mourn their favorite culinary personality, the Pantless Chef, he makes a comeback post of... epic... proportions... wait, did I just make Mac'n'Cheese? I guess I did. It's not so much... macaroni and cheese as it is: mix of every dry pasta I have left and cheese. It was pretty delicious.

I cooked it in a rice cooker, which'll probably leave a horrible mess to clean up, but I'm getting drunk. I don't work tomorrow... so drinking: yay. A little bit of bourbon, mac'n'cheese and Muddy Waters. So fun. So, I'll forget about the mess until I wake up hungover tomorrow, so I'm cool.

I cooked some pasta in the rice cooker, then put a ton of cheese, butter and milk in. Mixed it and then added some hot sauce. It was delicious, creamy and kick ass. I'd love to give you some REALLY good looking shots of the mac'n'cheese, but... I got bourbon, and that don't concern me right now.

I'm gonna try to keep this blog up, but... I don't know for how long. With cooking being such a communal endeavor, I can't see how I can keep this up too long without a communal feel. I made three servings of mac'n'cheese for myself. I had to throw away a ton of rice, today, too. Cause I made enough for multiple people, and multiple people aren't eating my food anymore. I'm hoping I can get some kitchen time with a friend of mine tomorrow, but she's insisting on cooking FOR me. But, I really want to cook for someone, again. I've gotten better with sharing kitchens, too. But, I hate cooking for myself, I'd much rather eat $1 frozen dinners if I'm
going to be alone and then spend $20 a night on bourbon. But, you know, I've been told I have to learn to love myself before I can truly love another. I don't know what to say to that, most of the time.

I'm rambling like a buzzed guy at the bar who hasn't talked to anyone in a while. Enjoy your night, kids. I'll be back up with another post, soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment