Monday, August 1, 2011

July 28th, 2011: Repurposing Poor Ass Meals Part 2


So, I have no money. I have, literally, no money right now. I'm waiting for my next paycheck and going insane. So, I decided to spice up some ramen noodles again. This time, I went a little easy on it compared to my last outing with ramen.

This time I mixed an egg, some soy sauce, basic spices, fish sauce and chili paste to make a sauce. After mixing the sauce, I realized that it was a little bland and needed some different flavors to it, so I tossed in some peanut butter. To add, you know, sweetness and peanut flavor.

The meal needed some vegetables, so I mixed in some of my frozen veggies and then fried the cooked ramen noodles in the sauce. The smell was enticing. It had a lot of dimension to it, without having a lot of actual dimension. The sauce was nice and thick with the peanut butter and actually coated the noodles. Rather than pan frying the noodles with oil, they came out coated in a silky sauce similar to a carbonara. It was not greasy at all. the best part: a 15 cent pack of ramen, some frozen veggies and various sauces and spices turned into a meal to feed three people. It impressed greatly upon the people I cooked for. Especially since it wasn't out of a cookbook or off of a recipe. It was a completely winged attempt at making dinner. And it worked and it impressed. I guess it places me one step further on the right side of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment