Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 28th, 2011: Kirkland Signature Bourbon, Grilled Chicken, Bruschetta and Balsamic Pea Pods


Today I made dinner with my mother. We marinated chicken with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic and rosemary and grilled it. I made bruschetta and sauteed some pea-pods on balsamic vinegar. Not a whole lot to tell.

I'm chilling in the 'burbs, feeling like there's nothing to do. I'm not sleeping well at night, but really rockin' those morning hours to get about 8-10 hours of sleep a day. I'm not working too much. I'm not really going out, too much, either. I'm finding myself fairly isolated. I listen to music, I cook. My videogames are all packed and the inspiration to pickup a guitar, right now, is fleeting. So, I guess I'll simply sit and wait it all out.

I'm chagrined, though, at the fact that the generic Bourbon from Costco turned out to be such a drinkable Bourbon. It marks in at $20 a liter (or $15 for 750ml) but doesn't suffer from many of the attributes of other Bourbons in that price range. Compared to Evan Williams, Old Crow, Ancient Age, High Ten and Benchmark or other similar Bourbons, it's a godsend. The flavors had a distinct "Knob Creek" mix in my mouth, but didn't have the smooth follow and suffered from a definitive ethanol taste. I was impressed for the price, it definitely won't take the place of Knob Creek, Makers Mark or Basil Hayden, but for the cost per ounce, it's a contender. I'll be keeping my ear to the ground on this one.

The dinner went well, with my family enjoying everything and being quite impressed by my bruschetta. So, all in all, a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment