Saturday, September 3, 2011

September 2nd: wtf italian thing


So, I wanted to get a calzone from DP Dough, but I hate their food. Why would I want to get food I hate? I don't know. So I decided I'd make my own. But I didn't have any dough made. What now, brown cow?

SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING

wait, I can just buy some premade dough. You can do that?

So I did that. And it turned out to be entirely too much. It made a huge monstrosity. It was decent. The dough sucked a little, but for the most part, it worked. I gotta make my own dough from here on out.

First I cooked up the sausage. Some fresh pork sausage from my local market. All the while, slicing and cleaning spinach, onions and pepper and mincing garlic. Once the sausage was mostly cooked through, I sauteed the onions and garlic in the sausage grease and diced the sausage. Step 1-4? Done.

Now? Now what? We make le 'zone. Yeah, I cheated: I used premade pizza sauce. It was ok. Nothing great, but I wasn't looking for the most massive of jobs. I spread the sauce, threw on some cheese, put the sausage, pepper, onion, garlic and spinach on, then more cheese and finally: WRAP!

Jeez, it's huge... but... wow was it tasty. It also made a great breakfast. It's a fairly healthy (if you ignore the 1/2 lb of cheese) meal and works on the go, too. Just look at that cheese oozing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment