Monday, April 4, 2011

February 21st, 2011: Sweet and Sour Chicken with a Frozen Egg Roll

This is going to be such a lack luster post. It was a Monday night and I had just gotten out of class. I wanted something to eat and was craving Chinese Food. I knew I had chicken tenderloins in the fridge that were thawed and my brain just went straight to frying them. So I cut the chicken and bread (or breaded? How do you past tense that one?) it and threw it in a pan of oil.

After I hit this step I realized that I didn't know what I was making. I knew I wanted to make one of those thick sauced American bastardizations of Hunan Cuisine, but not which one. I quickly took to Google as fast as I could and found this. I had almost all of the ingredients, so I ran with it. I began to throw stuff in with the chicken and busted out some my frozen vegetables. The meal took suprisingly little effort to make. I was shocked. It tasted kind of lame, though. I blame the frozen vegetables. In anycase, this was one of the most lack luster posts I'll make, since there was absolutely nothing extraordinary about this. What could I do for a side to this? I didn't feel like taking the time to make rice, I checked the freezer and sure enough, I had some frozen egg-rolls. So, I fried one up. And dinner:

No comments:

Post a Comment