Monday, April 25, 2011

March 11th, 2011: Burger Friday! California Fiesta Turkey Burger


Turkey burgers? What would Ron Swanson say? We know that he's not too fond of turkey burgers and vegan bacon. So, I don't want to serve this in Pawnee. Wow... I am addicted to pop culture. That weird burger book I got at Barnes and Noble inspired this one somewhat. There was a burger in it called the "Fiesta Burger" that was a normal burger with salsa in it, fun. So, I stepped it up to Turkey Burgers. It wasn't too exciting and I didn't much care for them, but whatever.

I ground up some dried out tortillas to add some heft to the turkey and then folded it into the turkey with all manner of crazy things. I cooked 'em, topped 'em with French fried onions, salsa and cheese and served 'em up with some Meijer Brand Seasoned fries. It was ok, I guess, but I definitely didn't love it. I'll probably never touch ground turkey again, I guess it's the "less healthy" red meats for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment