Thursday, April 5, 2012

April 5th, 2012: Candied and chocolate dipped Serrano peppers

Well, I'm pushing my whole weekend's cooking plans back a day. But, I did manage to finagle my way into making something absurd tonight. No pictures, though, sorry.

I've got this awkward affinity towards spicy food. I don't know what it is. I love the Mango-Habenero wings at Be-Dubs (is that how you say it on the internet?), I have a collection of hot sauces (many of which were lost during the separation from my previous life)and LOVE Poppers. There's something sincerely strange with the frequency that I eat crazy spicy foods. I'm currently sitting on a collection of about 8 hot sauces currently, which my parents stare at in bewilderment. My favorite has to be the El Yucateco Green Habenero. I find it to be a very aromatic hot sauce with a punch that just doesn't forgive. It really sticks with you.

But, tonight, I went even more insane . I took the second spiciest pepper I could find at the local stores and covered it in brown sugar and backed it for about an hour at 400f.

I then coated them in unsweetened chocolate and powdered sugar. They are nearly inedibly hot, though. It's a bit of a double edged sword on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment