Friday, April 13, 2012

April 6th, 2012: Bacon and Peppercorn Pork Tenderloin, Sauteed Kale and Parsnip Chips



Ok, I love Parsnips. Not doubt about it. They're the best thing since sliced bread for me. So, I made 'em again. The pork was marinated in a mixture of bacon, bacon grease, cracked pepper corns, garlic and salt. It was DELICIOUS. There's not much to tell about this meal, as it's not drastically different from anything I've cooked before. I could gush over the Parsnips, but I won't.

In anycase, something new is the Kale. I'd always wanted to give it a try, since I saw it on Bob's Burgers. I know, I have an H. Jon Benjamin addiction. So, I tried it. I had no idea on how to cook it, so I googled it. The first recipe that came up belonged to Bobby Flay and I figured "why the hell not." It was sauteed with garlic. I wasn't amazed by it. It tasted like "bitter lettuce," but it really did pop once it was sauteed. Although my rabbit, Toki Wartooth, did enjoy the kale. I think it was the first vegetable that he actually ate pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment