Wednesday, April 4, 2012

March 30th, 2012: Burger Friday


Ah, Patrick Warburton. One of the most easily recognizable voices in Hollywood. Him and H Jon Benjamin.

In anycase, talking about Patrick, I made a burger straight outta his universe. His wholesome universe of Cheese and Burger. I love that website. As avid readers know, I am a burger freak, celebrating every weekend possible by making a unique burger. Ranging from simple ideas to stupid crazy open face burgers. Well, this time I went for more of a "$20 burger" idea and crafted something truly artisianal. That word has "anal" in it, hehehe.

So, I used "The Southern Belle" (burger 19) as inspiration. I couldn't find the "pepperslaw" they say to use, and couldn't find sourdough in a size suitable to use for burger buns. Nor could I find "Wisconsin" Gruyere, only Swiss and French. So, I settled for the Swiss, being 4 dollars cheaper than the French (at $8.99).

The burger was a perfectly seasoned 1/3lbs patty sitting on top of dill pickle spears topped with sauteed onion, Gruyere, coleslaw and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I put it on Focaccia bread, a truly inspired idea. I sliced the bread and then buttered it and pan fried it to make "toasted buns" with a unique twist.

The burger was absolutely delicious, almost the most perfect burger I've ever made.

I currently have a Pork Tenderloin marinating for dinner tomorrow night (April 5th) that will be served alongside sauteed kale and baked parsnip chips. Following that, my next "Burger Friday" will be the first step in a journey. A magnificent journey I dub the "Bob's Burgers Adventure." I'll be making burgers based on Bob's Burgers' specials in the show. Most likely starting with the "Never Been Feta (Foot Feta-ish)" or "New Bacon-ings."

No comments:

Post a Comment