Monday, July 11, 2011

July 11th, 2011: Blair's been cooking!


Since the break up, I think Blair has taken to try and be more independent. Upon arriving in the kitchen this afternoon I found a mess! A bonafide cooking mess! It seems that Blair purchased some flat bread, some chicken breasts and an avocado and made some sort of California style chicken flat-bread sandwich. Good for her.

I can't speak to how well she's taking all of this, but we seemed to get along today as roommates. Hope that keeps up. I think I'm doing ok. I'm not letting myself fall into the same traps as I did last time, and the time they gave me off of work has really helped me. I've been trying to keep as busy as I can to keep my mind off of it, but when I settle down to play some games or guitar or read, I go right back to it. And I definitely haven't shaken the instinctual drive to get wasted and watch Kevin Smith movies. That tropic behavior is one that I'm not even attempting to avoid yesterday and today. Tomorrow will be my first real day back at work since it happened. So, hopefully that'll go well. In the meantime, cheap rum and Kevin Smith to lull the pain away.

Jesus Christ, I just read this post and realized what a winy little bitch I'm being. I'm like the same melodramatic 21 year old Liz left, still. Way to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment