Monday, July 25, 2011

July 25, 2011: Burger Monday


An obstinate feeling of unease washed over my body today. So, what did I do? I smoked and cooked. I fired up the old grill and made me up some burgers. What did I do with said burgers? Well, I tried to use the left overs from the pizza I made a week or so ago to make pizza burgers. But, the sauce had hardened and the veggies had gone bad. Too bad. So, I improvise. I sliced up a potato, oiled it, covered it in herbs and cheese, wrapped it up in foil and threw it on the grill. I improvised. Threw some grey poupon, worchestershire, garlic (that finely minced mess up there) and mayo in the food processor and made a sauce, seasoned the burgers, threw them and some bacon on the grill and put it all together on some toasted wheat bread. Very good. The sauce had a hotness to it with a bit of mustard bite. The bacon, though, did seem to cause a stir on the grill. Causing shit to catch fire. The salty taste of the bacon matched the sauce's taste pretty well, but I felt like the taste of the burger was lost in the bouquet of flavors on top of it. I really wished that I had good old fashioned onions and tomatoes for the burgers. I'd love to try my hand at lettuce, but I never eat it fast enough to keep it from going bad. Tonight did mark a drastic change in my life, though. Somehow, I feel a lot better about things than I did before.

It's true that my day at work wasn't that great. I mean, I did well, but the people there didn't seem to really respect me. I was working out of my element and nervous the first half of the day. Tomorrow I'll be back where I belong, so I'll be elated, I think, at the end of the day. A few open mics are coming up, my neighbor makes great fudge and I preordered the Collector's Edition of Old Republic, so... I guess I gotta save my money for this. Hold on to your butts. Now, if you'll excuse me, it's Warcraft time.

No comments:

Post a Comment