Thursday, July 7, 2011

July 5th, 2011: Bourbon Ribs, yo.




Another short and to the point post. I had a slab of ribs in the freezer, While I was at work, I decided I was gonna make ribs and texted Blair to let her know that she should pull them out to thaw. I swung by Meijer to buy some potatoes, got home, mixed 1/2 cup bourbon with 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's and some brown sugar, coated the ribs in it, put the potatoes on the left side of the grill and fired them on low. The ribs were on the right side, without heat. They both cooked for about an hour and a half. I then stuffed some Jalapenos with cheese and grilled them for 15 minutes. The ribs were the perfect consistency, although the sauce was a bit chewy in a couple places, the ribs came off the bones easily, had very little gristle and were moist. Best ribs I've ever made. The peppers were ok and the potatoes cooked to the perfect texture. For an impulse meal, it was pretty decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment