Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 13th, 2011: Venting and Shit


Ya'll may have noticed a drastic shift in tone on the blog. I recently broke up with, got dumped... whatever you call it, by my live-in girlfriend via text on our third anniversary after she disappeared for a day or two. So, it's hard to deal with some things right now. Given that we live together, I'm pretty afraid of going in the kitchen and making a mess or spending time down there. Going from plans of becoming engaged once I have a proper salary to acting like me and some girl I dated in highschool running into each by chance at a bar in our twenties is a pretty gut wrenching occurrence. I'm sure she won't read any of this. She always needed prodding to read/look/listen to anything I produced.

I've been trying to keep busy. With the new camera, I've been trying to get out and take pictures whenever I can, but this sweltering heat is just... deathly. And painful. I hate it. On the drive to work, everyday, I show up soaked in sweat. Other projects, I'm trying to keep in the basement. Away from her and where it's cool. New pickups in the Tele. Duncan Vintages, they sound sweet. Starting preliminary song writing on a new "album" to follow up my initial attempt a couple years ago. So, I don't know how much longer this blog'll be the way it is. When it'll return to normal, if it will. Who knows? Life as expected, aye?

PS: musical regression is on the table. Current playlist?
Alexi Murdoch: Orange Sky
The Good Life: Album of the Year
The Good Life: Empty Bed
Death Cab for Cutie: Potobooth
Brand New: Jesus Christ
Okkervil River: A Stone
Damien Rice: Volcano
Tallest Man on Earth: The Dreamer
Okkervil River: Black Sheep Boy #4
Bob Dylan: Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Pedro The Lion: The Longest Winter
Commander Venus: Life as Expected
Okkervil River: Love to a Monster

So, that's a pretty whiny set of music... and that picture of that tele is so... forlorn and "country" with that shitty beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment